Grade 8 to 9 Transition to BethuneExperience our Virtual Grade 8 Parent Information Session by:
- 1. Watching the Grade 8 Parent information Presentation Session Video.
- Open Video
This video only covers a fraction of what student life is like at Bethune. Bethune students have also received awards and recognition for their excellence in the areas of Art, Athletics, Drama, ESL Speech Competitions, Music, Math, Science, Technology and many more!! We offer a wide variety of programs and are confident that you will be able to find something that interests you.
2. Revisiting the information from the video by viewing our interactive slides.
- Open Slides
- Information and Videos available in the slides:
- Contact Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Virtual School Tour
- Welcome Message from our Principal
- What sets us apart? Eco-Schools, SHSM, and Well-being and Mindfulness Programs
- A message from our Grade 9 Student Rep
- Student and Co-curricular Life
- Grade 9 Courses and Bethune’s Department Areas
- Transitioning to Bethune and Optional Attendance
Steps to Apply for Optional Attendance
- 1. Check your home address.
- Apply for Optional Attendance if you are not in the Bethune Area.
- 2. Check Bethune's Optional Attendance statusfor 2021-2022. (Available in Dec 2020)
- We are accepting Optional Attendance applications if our status is Limited or Open.
- 3. Complete the TDSB optional attendance form.
- The form will need to be signed by the parent or guardian, as well as the grade 8 school principal or designate.
- 4. Submit the completed form no later than January 29, 2021 at 3pm by email to Betty Ho or fax 416-396-8180.
- 5. Parent(s)/Guardian(s) will be notified of the results no later than February 12, 2021.
For grade 8 students that are non-TDSB & live In the Bethune Area
If you are in the Bethune area but with another school board (TCDSB, YRDSB, etc.), you do not need to apply for Optional Attendance. Instead, we would like you to complete this online form to provide us with your contact information so that we can connect with you later in the year for a registration appointment in March 2021.
Search for Your High School by Searching the Street Name
School Optional Attendance Status Information (Available in Dec 2020)
Optional Attendance form
Optional Attendance Policy Information
Students that are non-TDSB & live In the Bethune Area - Contact Information form
Beyond 8 - Grade 8 to 9 transitions Information
Frequently Asked Questions